A place to discover poetry and stories inspired by Gods Way of Love

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Breaking My Fast

Oh what a joy to eat again, the gratitude I feel for food is enormous. The fast once again really made me aware of what nutrition really is about, and that is to eat in a way which supports ones connection to the Divine ('God', or if you are scared of God, then lets say 'Universe', or if that still makes you frown, then it connects you to your SELF, and that is different for everyone.

I use the word God, Divine, Universe and Self and I am comfortable with them all. Anyway what does this have to do with my fast ? Well, this is how I felt and feel right now, that I have a stronger connection to God. You see nutrition and Raw food is only a small part of a peaceful, fulfilled life. What I can say is that when I fast and eat Raw Foods I feel a sense purity, a purity which automatically points me in the direction of wanting to live in a way of peace, and it makes me feel really ALIVE. It has taken me time to feel this way, about a year and half. Until you try it, one cannot really grasp what I mean, I don't pretend to fully understand it myself and it is a continues journey whereupon I am always learning something new, and I find myself being in a way which I never thought I would, for example I remember working in a restaurant and I would get really frustrated with vegetarians, I would think 'Just eat meat and your life will be easier' because they always seemed really 'picky'. 10 years later, 'I am' a Live Food Raw Vegan, one of the pickiest eaters in the world judging by society's 'Norm'. The point to all of this is .... What was my point ? Ah yeah ... Fasting changes your life !!!

Right, enough of the soppy spiritual stuff , lets get back down to Earth and let me let out a "ROAR". Ok I am now back in my body to discuss what I ate to break my FAST !!! .. are you ready. Hang on one second... I researched a lot 'Pioneers' in raw food and Fasting to re educate my self about 'How to a break a fast' ... and everybody had a different answer... SOooooooo, I decided to ask my self " Now that I am sparkly clean inside, what do I want to En light the cells of my Body with" ... I went to my local Organic store and looked around at the fruits, as my education told me I should eat something soft, as my digestive system needs time to wake up and get going again. Scanning around it hit me, POW !!! ... ' Red Grapefruits'.. So there you have it ... exciting stuff eh .. ha.. I ate a Red Grapefruit for my breakfast. I then ate another one on my break at work at 10:30am. For lunch I did the same thing. I asked the same question in the same shop and the answer I got was " I want bananas, Flax seed, Dulse" hmmm strange combo I thought. It was a really hot day and that's when my taste buds screamed 'Coconut Water'. On the shelf next to it was 'Tahini' and my instinct said "buy it". Then I glanced in the fridge and saw a ' Soya yogurt with Probiotics', and that's when I thought, "Right, I will make a Banana shake with soya yogurt, Tahini, Ground Flax seed and coconut water". I was "ummming" and "Arrring" about the Tahini and Soya yogurt for they are not Raw, but It seemed that that's what body wanted. If I had been more prepared I could have made Raw versions of those foods. So as I was making my shake, I remembered that I had some Maca (peruvian super food for energy packed with minerals) and Bee pollen ( a MEGA nutriant rich food source) SO ... for my lunch I had a super shake, so it was not really a solid meal, which would help my digestion ease into things. IT WAS OUTSTANDINGLY TASTY and my cells were lapping all the goodness up. I was conscious of the ingredients been sweet, and wondered if that was a good thing or not, I thought maybe I should of had soft vegetables,but that was my mind thinking and not what my initial senses told me eat. I may of gone totally against any teaching of breaking a fast, but It felt like 'God' to me.

Dinner Time ~ I was not REALLY hungry, but I was kind of craving the Dulse. So I made a small green salad with chunks of Dulse, and it felt like my body sighed with delight. And that's it .. Finito !

Summary for days in take ~ I ate 2 grapefruits, 1 banana with super foods, A glass of coconut water, a small green salad with dulse.

I then had some Probiotics and Digestive enzyme supplements to help things along.

Maybe this was useful for you ... I'm now off to meditate ... blessings x

1 comment:

  1. This is a great blog for anyone who wants to know about this topic. Thanks for sharing such a nice information to everyone. provigil

    ReplyDelete