A place to discover poetry and stories inspired by Gods Way of Love

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Waving goodbye with my bear claw


I could of stayed on my swinging chair out in the hot desert sun, listening to Snatam Kaur for EVER, although LIFE goes on, and I had to think about packing my bags, as today is my last day at the 'Tree Of Life' rejuvenation center. As I was walking down the dusty red mountain trail back to my dorm after breakfast, I was thinking how fast my three months stay here has been. At that very thought, a very small tornado whipped up the red dust in front of me, and swirled across to cut my path. I had to stop and smile as I acknowledged that as a reflection of my life right now.The wind blowing me into a new direction in which I have about as much control over as those small red dust particles being swept up by the vortex in the Angel of air.... all one can do is flow with it !

For my last shift at the ' Tree Of Life Cafe' I had to work the night shift, which I don't normally like to work. As I am learning what we resist shall persist, I quickly got over it, and as always when the resistance has been smashed, a miracle is born. So what was my miracle ???? ...... I learned from Kosan how to make RAW 'Bear Claws'. That sounds like another spiritual paradox, 'Live raw vegan food in the form of a 'Bear Claw'.... So how does that happen ? Well here is how ....


Ingredients-

Pastry = 3 cups of soaked Almonds, 5 pitted soaked Dates,1/2 cup of ground Flax Date soak water

Filling = 2 cups of soaked Apricots or raisins, dash of Cinnamon,Lemon zest

Method for the Pastry - In a food processor, blend the almonds and the dates to make a paste. Then stir in the ground flax until you have a dough consistency. Split the dough into two balls. Roll each ball flat onto two texflex sheets, lets call them 'A' and 'B'. Sheet 'A' will be the base and sheet 'B' will be the topping.

Method for the Filling - Blend all ingredients in a food processor to reach a thick spreadable mixture.

NOW - spread the filling mixture on sheet the base( sheet A) evenly. THEN place sheet 'B' over the top of the base and filling to encase the whole mixture. Next cut the square into 9 small equal square portions (these are now your bear claws). Take the squares and with a knife slice four lines into the square as you would imagine a 'Bear Claw' to look like...

...And that's it !! Now all you have to do is place them in your dehydrator for about 8 to 10 hours, and your miracle will be born .. RAW LIVE VEGAN BEAR CLAWS.




Thank you Kosan and a BIG thank you to the 'Tree Of Life' community for all your blessings.

- Perry

3 comments:

  1. The bear claw was delicious! How synchronous you worked late, now you get to share bear claws with Europe! We'll miss you so much :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How beautiful. Bless you Perry.

    love Emma

    ReplyDelete